3rd Shift Industrial Electrician-16658
About this Opportunity
Our Operations Teams are responsible for all aspects of manufacturing high quality products in a timely manner to delight our customers. Operations team members play an important role in Herman Miller's success and prepare us to help people do great things. All of our team members work in clean, bright environments that make use of Lean manufacturing principles. These teams share a passion for quality and hold safety as a number one priority.
As a 3rd Shift Industrial Electrician, you'll perform routine breakdown and preventive maintenance (PM) under general supervision, including the inspection and repair of plant machinery/mechanisms and manufacturing and/or facilities-related equipment. You will perform breakdown maintenance by troubleshooting, repairing, and documenting maintenance procedures. You may also interact with management, engineering, and vendors regarding new machinery and equipment selection, specifications, and set-up.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Troubleshoot electrical problems, including, but not limited to: power circuits, relay logic systems, PLC systems, and facilities-related systems.
- Take responsibility for all repairs and the installation of electrical systems and components less than 500 volts.
- Construct, wire, and interface an electrical panel with equipment, given a control diagram.
- Inspect, adjust, program, and repair machinery, mechanisms, controls, and equipment according to PM assigned. You may also be responsible for mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical work on equipment.
- Move, relocate, and install plant machinery and manufacturing and/or facilities-related equipment.
- Assemble equipment and special machines from designs and sketches. You'll install, and may design, guards or other safety equipment to eliminate identified safety hazards.
- Assist in rebuilding plant machinery components and manufacturing and/or facilities-related equipment.
- Document modifications, repairs, set-ups, maintenance, PM, and safety procedures to ensure reliability and quality control and to improve the overall operation of equipment.
- Actively participate in and contribute to machine, process, and layout improvements.
- Recommend and may take part in minor systems modifications under the direction of management and engineering.
- Ensure the working area, tools, and equipment are maintained in a clean, organized, and safe manner.
- Adhere to all corporate and department safety guidelines and procedures. You will attend safety training classes to keep current.
- Actively support all environmental and recycling efforts, including the disposal of hazardous materials. You may need to be HAZMAT certified.
- Recommend spare parts for inventory to provide equipment reliability.
- Operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have...
- A high school diploma or equivalent education.
- An Electrical Journeyman's license valid in the state where the position is located.
- A valid driver's license.
- The ability to obtain a Herman Miller, Inc. forklift and aerial platform or other equipment operator's license. You'll also need to obtain other equipment licensing as required by location or assignment.
- Demonstrated the technical aptitude required for this level.
- The ability to interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, and printed instructions to assist in troubleshooting and resolving electrical/mechanical problems on plant machinery and manufacturing and/or facilities-related equipment.
- Computer literacy.
- The ability to travel some overnight, and possibly overseas, for machine qualification runs and technical training.
- An Associate's degree in Welding, Machine Technology, or Electronics, or you are actively pursuing a degree (preferred, VanWagoner only).
- The ability to perform all essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Primary Location United States-Michigan-Zeeland