A D Representative (Architectural and Design)-16826
You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as an A D Representative at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As an A D Representative, you'll be responsible for driving sales through the A D community and maximizing the impact A D has on Herman Miller's success. You will act as a trusted advisor that develops, manages, and creates demand within A D accounts.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Assist in developing and executing A D account strategy, and in communicating that strategy within appropriate geographical areas.
- Collaborate the sales strategies for the business plans of key A D firms within the region. You will develop a process for measuring performance against the plan and direct the implementation of pilot programs supporting A D strategies.
- Conduct activities in an intermediate level sales capacity to influence the design specification and selection of Herman Miller product for targeted A D firms and assigned project opportunities.
- Conduct all sales activities and processes within the parameters of the Herman Miller selling process, utilizing the corporate tools and resources provided.
- Develop relationships and create a strategy for individuals within an A D firm. You will protect mobilizers and develop blockers into mobilizers within the A D firm.
- Focus appropriate resources from Herman Miller Marketing and Customer Care on the design community.
- Influence the criteria that A D firms use for the selection of product to be specified and respond to technical questions concerning product application.
- Maintain Salesforce (CRM) information so the A D Sales Director can accurately communicate monthly forecasts of expected sales volume by account and product line.
- Manage activities within the assigned expense budget.
- Manage and/or assist with the necessary coordination for design takeoff, product application, and conversion activities within A D firms.
- Participate as needed in client visits to enhance the customer experience.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Provide/participate in design training on new products for specific project opportunities and target accounts.
- Work with other Sales roles to respond to, support, and proactively secure specifications on opportunities within the A D firm.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Design, Architecture, Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field. An equivalent level of experience will also be considered.
- Three or more years of successful contract/capital goods selling experience in the A D community.
- A thorough knowledge of Herman Miller products, services, and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish Herman Miller products and services from the competition.
- A demonstrated willingness to learn selling skills, including account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation, and contracts (closing). You will also need the ability to develop and cultivate business opportunities.
- A proven ability to network and build relationships with key A D influencers.
- The ability to develop strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- The ability to exhibit an assertive and confident professional posture, conduct activities independent of immediate supervision, and represent Herman Miller in a professional manner.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment at all levels of the organization while building long-term relationships with customers and partners and striving to establish relationships at senior decision-making levels within an organization.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities with a strong emphasis on listening.
- A demonstrated desire to focus on a high level of integrity and business ethics while going to great lengths to resolve any/all customer issues.
- Financial literacy and strong business acumen.
- The ability to travel in support of business objectives.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodation.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Primary Location United States-Georgia-Atlanta