Account Development Manager Geiger-16610
Profitably deliver Geiger/Herman Miller solutions to assigned accounts, supporting corporate sales and distribution strategies. Penetrate competitively-held and targeted accounts that are not current Geiger/Herman Miller customers, and sell Geiger/Herman Miller products/services to the established customer base to protect existing business and increase market share. In designated markets, this position also directly supports the A D corporate strategy.
- Penetrates specific target accounts; establishes/communicates/implements account strategies/action plans to achieve sales/service volume/margin targets for new business development; partner with dealers.
- Builds account share within assigned target accounts that are existing Geiger/Herman Miller clients, penetrating all subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates of those customers.
- Initial key contact with customer to develop, cultivate, and establish productive, collaborative relationships with customer decision-makers, influencing them by using consultative selling skills to discover, diagnose, and solidify the needs of the customer, and to propose and deliver world-class solutions.
- Manages major projects including formulation of purchase strategy and coordination of necessary resources.
- Proactively develops and maintains a personal network of Geiger/Herman Miller "can do" allies to provide sales support to demonstrate design capabilities, schedule client trips, present product presentations, and develop facility strategy to achieve desired results.
- Develops and maintains relationship with A D community if no A D Representative position in the market.
- Negotiates and establishes contractual agreements with clients when appropriate.
- In conjunction with the customer's company planners, assure that any product application offered to the client is within the capability of the product's performance and that the product will perform when installed.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field; equivalent level of experience considered.
- Four to six years of successful contract or capital goods selling experience.
- High level of presentation and consultative selling skills, with strong customer focus.
- Ability to present a professional image and gain a high level of confidence from a large number of customers.
- Assertive, self-confident, self-starter, and the ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills which include excellent interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on listening skills.
- Sense of urgency, high level of energy and tenacity, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while managing multiple accounts.
- Willingness to develop both short- and long-term business with experience in penetrating and selling to long-term competitively-held accounts.
- Desire and ability to learn (intentional learner) coupled with strong organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all Geiger/Herman Miller products and service offerings; high level of literacy of Geiger/Herman Miller's business/history/culture.
- Demonstrated prospecting, qualifying, networking, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated high standard of performance and results-oriented (i.e., holding oneself accountable for results).
- Actively seeks opportunities, calculates risk, commits to action.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools currently being used in the Herman Miller and Geiger office environments.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Primary Location United States-California-San Francisco