HOK is currently seeking a Security Technology Engineering Designer to join our Gulf Coast Region team in our Houston or Dallas office. As an Security Engineering Designer, you will be responsible for creating drawings using a variety of tools including Revit and AutoCAD for low voltage designs as part of the Security Technology Group.
- Develops, modifies and reviews Revit models of security automation systems, information transport systems and audio/visual systems and components according to established standards and Revit modeling techniques, based on input from the electrical engineering team. Creates project drawings from the Revit model.
- Develops flow diagrams, riser diagrams, control diagrams and similar project documents using AutoCAD.
- Organizes and maintains Revit models and AutoCAD documents for multiple projects.
- Works closely with project team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Performs all work in a clear, complete, and accurate manner.
- Uses Revit to check the design for interferences with other building elements.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying modeling principles for drawings.
- Produces equipment schedules, making changes and adjustments as necessary with input from the engineering team as required.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying drafting principles for drawings.
- Implements and utilizes HOK Standards for projects and processes.
- Actively seeks new knowledge related to engineering practices, principles and regulations changes.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred.
- One to three years of engineering drafting for low voltage engineering experience working on a wide variety of building types, preferably experience in Justice building types such as courts and law enforcement environments.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.