POSITION PURPOSE - The Home Depot Online Customer Experience team is looking for passionate and dynamic UX Architects to create the next generation of user experiences for our mobile and web products. As a Senior UX Architect, you will be a thought leader that works with product teams to understand users, needs, and the best approach to new experiences. You will be responsible for organizing workflows, prioritizing content, initiating user studies, and working with designers and developers to deliver great experiences. Experience with ecommerce - bonus. Skills with HTML, CSS, JS, and responsive design - double bonus.
Who are we? We’re the Online Customer Experience team for Home Depot. We carved out our own design studio among the pines and hills of Atlanta, one of the country’s top cities, and created a culture to build the best mobile and web experiences in the industry. Home Depot’s online team combines a broad range of creative talent including visual & interaction design, information architecture, content strategy, media production, and analytics. We’re creating the future on online and mobile retail and have the resources of a Fortune 50 company to back it up. What’s not to like?
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 20% Responsible for deriving user requirements in support of a highly-usable, pattern-based UX architecture that balances the execution of an innovative customer experience strategy with core business objectives and technical platform considerations
- 50% Create experience briefs, user flows, content inventories, wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes, along with thorough and timely UI documentation.
- 10% Build and maintain strong relationships with product management, merchandising, usability, analytics, SEO, technology, partner agencies, photographers and other groups engaged to support the solution to be implemented
- 10% Interpret market research, usability data, and technical architecture constraints, to effectively model user behavior, rapidly prototype user interactions, and solution cohesive interface experiences, that contribute to visual design innovation, on-going development and competitive growth of our customer-facing digital channels 10% Provide on-going quality assurance support as necessary to ensure the implementation of an optimal customer experience
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Position reports to the Manager, User Experience
- Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- B.S. or B.A. in Engineering Psychology, Industrial Design, Computer Science, or other related technology degree
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 05
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- MS or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Usability Engineering, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in designing usable, web-based interfaces, acquired while positioned as a UX Architect/Analyst, Usability Engineer, Human Factors Practitioner, Interaction Designer, or Information Architect
- Proficiency with HTML5, JS, CSS
- Deep knowledge of mobile, web, and ecommerce design trends and technologies.
- Previous experience with UX in Agile development.
- Previous experience working within a responsive design language.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and verbal/written communication skills, including significant experience articulating both strategic and tactical UX architecture constructs/recommendations to all levels of leadership
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills, balanced with strong client management skills, a passion for continuous improvement and an unwavering commitment to excellence and timeliness of solution delivery
- Proven capacity to work with minimal direct oversight in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment, including the ability to effectively manage shifting priorities, deliver thorough work products, and meet project deadlines
- Extensive experience developing, extending and applying detailed user interface specifications, UI pattern libraries, reusable GUI components, content inventories, and design guidelines for large-scale ecommerce websites and/or mobile ecommerce applications
- Detailed-oriented nature, with extensive experience developing low to medium-fidelity wireframes and interactive prototypes, augmented as necessary with clear annotations of UI control behavior, to hand off to front and back end development and quality assurance teams
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.