Responsible for driving revenue in an assigned territory and/or market by working with both the local Dealer and broader Herman Miller Sales Team. Provides ongoing support to Dealers and Herman Miller Sales Teams related to selling efforts and sales strategies.
- Develops and builds sales volume and revenue to a sustainable level.
- Manages major projects including formulation and communication of sales strategy and the coordination of necessary resources.
- Ensures total sales revenue of assigned Dealer(s) within the region, including new projects and existing business.
- Serves as key contact with assigned Dealer(s) to cultivate ongoing productive and collaborative relationships with customer decision-makers, influencing the decision-makers using consultative selling skills to discover, diagnose, and solidify their needs and propose and deliver world-class solutions.
- Conducts quarterly reviews with assigned Dealers.
- Actively participates, when appropriate, in team-based selling activities.
- Protects accounts from the competition by understanding the competitions' position and nurturing through B2B connections.
- Works with and responds to Customer Buying Team to understand, develop, and bring consensus on the business needs.
- Works strategically with business partners within Herman Miller North America (HMNA) and utilizes the current Regional Operating Agreements.
- Conducts all sales activities and processes within the parameters of the Herman Miller sales process, utilizing corporate tools/resources provided.
- Maintains Salesforce (CRM) information so Region Lead can accurately complete monthly forecasts of expected sales volume by account, product line, etc.
- Manages within assigned expense budget.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field; equivalent level of experience considered.
- Five plus years of successful contract or capital goods selling experience, preferably including experience as a Dealer Direct Salesperson.
- Thorough knowledge of Herman Miller products, services, and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish Herman Miller products/services from the competition.
- Advanced selling skills, e.g., qualify prospects, lead generation, new business development, account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation and contracts (closing).
- Must have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- Must be an assertive, self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent Herman Miller in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, at all levels of the organization and able to build long-term relationships with customers/partners.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication ability with strong emphasis on listening.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and must be results-oriented.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Must be financially literate and possess business acumen.
- Expertise within a Dealer environment with sales planning capabilities.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Primary Location United States-Maine-Portland